The official build by Carbon AOSP custom ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now accessible for the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 smart phone. Use this tutorial in order to successfully apply the new ROM files for your device devoid of bricking it.
Carbon Android 4.3 Nightly custom ROM for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 contain following main features:
AOSP Android 4.3, PIE Controls, Halo, AOKP Ribbons, support for hiding lock screen hints, and buttons, carousel lock screen, Quiet hours, Chronus clock app, support changing actions for software and hardware buttons, editing lock screen sliders, custom navbar ring, navbar arrow ring, , LCD Density, notification power widget, Theme engine, full rotation, customizable power screen, quick settings menu also can have its toggles customized.
Carbon AOSP allows you to change colors for low / full battery notification light for the other entire alert as incoming SMS and messages from all IM applications, for fresh updates and more.
If you want to learn more about this custom ROM, you can then read the Goo.im developer’s web page. If you desire to successfully update your device with this fresh Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Nightly ROM at your first effort, then you should first take a glance at the research guide below
- Use this post just for the T-Mobile variant of Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Don’t attempt to flash the files that you find in this post on any other Galaxy S4 models, as you will finish up bricking them.
- Your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 device has to be fixed and factory gaping. It needs a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP for you to be capable to flash a custom ROM on your own device.
- The tutorial will ask you to ‘factory reset’ the device so the new ROM will boot productively after installation.
- The Factory Reset will delete the contents from your device’s system partition, which means that all data as like the installed apps, contacts, SMS and other related files will be removed.
- Backup system data by using Helium app or Titanium Backup. Reminder that these apps should be used by superior users.
- Backup the SMS, APN Internet Settings and Call Logs info by using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync Contacts info along with your default Gmail account.
- Facilitate USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Make sure to create a full NANDROID backup for the ROM that is at present installed on your this device. This will then set a restore point. It can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot successfully in the normal mode.
- Check the phone’s battery power levels and make sure that there is enough power left before it switches off. When the phone powers off in the middle of the updating process, then you will be required to do again the whole tutorial.
- We can’t be held accountable in case you brick your phone or lose any important data during the installation.
- If you’re having troubles completing the installation, then you should ask for additional help in comments.
How to flash Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 tradition ROM for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Download the custom ROM zip file from here.
- Download the Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your device with the computer. Now copy the both zip files to your phone’s internal storage, when the files are copied, detach the TMO SGS4 from PC.
- Power off smart phone now.
- Boot the device in custom Recovery Mode.
- Mutually CWM and TWRP Recoveries are working with this tutorial.
- if you don’t be familiar with how to boot the custom Recovery Mode, then you should take a look here.
- First thing that you need to do is that you create a full NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM.
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’. Then save the backup to your own phone’s internal / external storage and verify the all process.
- TWRP: press backup, then select the system partition files you desire to save. Confirm.
- Now, apply Factory Reset:
- CWM: select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and then confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, Factory Reset. Verify the process.
- Now you can to end with start of the setting up of Carbon Android 4.3 Nightly for your T-Mobile Galaxy S4:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and find the custom ROM zip files, then confirm the installation.
- TWRP: press Install, next find the custom ROM zip file. Wait several minutes to installation process to complete successfully.
- After the ROM is flashed, do again step 8 and use the similar options to flash the Gapps zip.
- When both files are installed, then you need to return to main custom Recovery Mode menu. Reboot your smart phone now and wait to load all the required files and apps for the new Carbon AOSP Android with 4.3 ROM.
These were the steps that you had to go after and complete the installation of this new ROM. If you’re having problem installing this custom ROM on your Galaxy S4 T-Mobile, then you should ask over for help in comments.
If the first boot process of Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Nightly ROM doesn’t complete after the installation, it means that it wasn’t installed successfully. That is why you should power off the phone, boot again in Recovery Mode and repeat the whole tutorial devoid of skip any steps listed above. Also, do again the tutorial in case your device enters into a boot loop.
If you don’t be fond of the new ROM features, then you can always return your device to its previous ROM using the backup file created in step 6. If you choose to restore your device to its earlier ROM, then you will require using the same custom Recovery Mode that you used when you created the backup files.