Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 device now can run the latest Android 4.3 software by Jelly Bean OS using the official ROM the CyanogenMod 10.2.
As you probably know, the Galaxy S2 I9100 the latest OS software isn’t available, although the official support to receive this Android 4.3 firmware and it was blocked with this latest CM 10.2 nightly ROM by the S2 users can compensate the Android 4.3 features it needs.
The CyanogenMod the 10.2 custom ROM is build on original AOSP release and the Android Open Source Project comes with very fast and with highly stable firmware builds for its users.
Today, we will teach you a few step by step instructions and guide in order to successfully update Samsung Galaxy I9100 model by latest official CyanogenMod 10.2 the ROM.
So, before starting this step by step flashing guide you have to done some prerequisites to be followed first, the main key points are:
- The CM 10.2 ROM and all the related instructions listed here work only with Samsung Galaxy S2 in its I9100 model only.
- To make sure about the device’s model, verify the model number from the next path: as Settings > About Phone.
- Back-up all your phone data 1st, then market applications and settings by using suitable backup and restore the application from Google Play Store, you have to also backup your actual ROM using a recovery custom tool such as CWM or TWRP recovery. This is step by step guide; during the flashing process you have to wipe memory task and it will required.
- Then download and install the suitable USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 phone on your PC. You can use this link if you don’t have these USB drivers for your S2 device.
- Now, from Settings go for>>Applications >>Development and then (Settings>Developer Options) enable the USB debugging mode in it.
- Make sure 1st that the device’s battery has enough power left, its level should be more than 80% full; otherwise the S2 device can get a forced power off and in middle of the flashing process.
- The S2 device need to be unlocked, (and it should not locked to a specific mobile carrier). Also, verify 1st if the device is rooted and has a recovery custom ROM tool in it such as CWM or TWRP installed.
- All the instructions and information which is listed here during this step by step guide are provided only for the instructional and educational purpose, so you do not blame us or held liable in this case you will use the guide and you may lose any data or brick/damage your device by using this guide.
How to flash Android 4.3 Software Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM on the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
- 1st you have to, download the CM 10.2 ROM and based on Android 4.3 for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Gt-I9100 device on PC.
- Secondly, you have to download Google Apps on PC.
- Now, secondly connect your S2 device to PC by using the USB cord.
- Do not extract downloaded zip files.
- Copy both of downloaded zip files directly to the root folder on the Android device’s SD card.
- Next, then after you completely copied your downloaded files disconnect your phone from PC.
- Power off your S2 device now.
- Boot phone into recovery mode. (By press and keep holding the Volume Up, the Home button and Power buttons in the same time and then release the recovery mode displayed.
- In recovery you have to get a full android backup for the actual ROM, and this backup can be used in case if you don’t like the new firmware or if something bad is going to happened during the flashing process.
- To get an android backup, you have to select Backup and Restore and then to Backup option. You have to wait until the backup is complete and then to return the main Recovery Mode menu.
- Now, you have to complete a data wiping task, this task is necessary to eliminate this eventually and conflicts between the new custom ROM for the previously one.
- So, select and wipe data, factory reset option from the Recovery Mode menu, and then select Yes to confirm this task.
- Next, select the wipe cache partition and after this select and Wipe Dalvik Cache located under the advance option.
- After wiping process it is done, you have to return to the main menu as recovery mode.
- Now, for the Recovery Mode select and Install Zip from SD card then select the Choose Zip from SD card, browse the copied Android 4.3 software by CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM zip from the smartphone’s SD card and then select it with the Power button Confirm by the CM 10.2 ROM installation on the next screen.
- Wait for until the flashing process is completely done, and then return to the main recovery menu.
- From the main Recovery Mode menu you have to select reboot system now.
- 1st boot process will get the some more time than usually.
That’s all, the latest Android 4.3 software and based on CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM and now it should be running on Samsung Galaxy S2 as I9100 device.
Verify the new firmware version by navigating: the Settings > About the Phone > Software info.
If your S2 device is stuck at the first booting process or it’s entering in a boot loop, then you have to Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times, and then after that reboot the device.
While installing the new firmware the Status 7 error message flashes, this could be due to incompatible Android for device, or absence of compatible and the necessary kernel, so for the instance, an Android Jelly Bean and Kernel must be flashed before the installing any other Android Jelly Bean the ROM.
Note: Now let the new ROM to stabilize the around five minutes before using the S2 phone.
Note: In the recovery mode menu use:
- Volume buttons now have to navigate between different options.
- Use Power option to select the desired option.